- 4.0 inch, Kapton former, edge wound aluminium voice coil
- 280W continuous program power handling
- Frequency range: 500Hz - 20kHz
- 4-slot optimized geometry phase plug
- Titanium dome, Polyimide surround
- Copper inductance ring for extended response
- The minimum size 4" driver available
The ND950 2.0 is a ultra compact size, high performance, high power handling 4.0-inch diaphragm compression driver with a 2.0 inch exit throat. The high power neodymium magnet guarantee the perfect control of the dome assembly’s moving mass. This leads to higher efficiency, better transient response and diminishes high frequency distortion modes. A thin copper ring is precision pressed on to the pole piece in order to modify and lower the inductance characteristics of the magnetic circuit and voice coil providing a controlled extension of the acoustic frequency response. The ND950 2.0 features a .05 mm thick pure titanium in combination with a high strength Mylar suspension. The voice coil assembly is designed using a high strength, high temperature Kapton® voice coil former and edge wound copper clad aluminium wire. The ND950 2.0 features a 4-slot, optimised geometry, phase plug design. Extended computer assisted mathematical modelling and testing has resulted in a geometry that provides a balanced acoustic performance controlling and lowering air distortion and maximizing output.